Structure and Organization of the main committee GAEB in the DVA
Since 1 January 2005, the German Joint Committee for Electronics in Construction (GAEB) is integrated in the Deutscher Vergabe und Vertragsausschuss für Bauleistungen (DVA). The foundation of GAEB's work is based on the statues of DVA.
It makes general decisions concerning the work within GAEB and coordinates the working groups.
The head is appointed by the meeting of members.
Full members are:
- The heads of the working groups and representatives of:
- Departments of the government that deal with construction issues,
- Leading organizations of the construction industry and construction technology, e.g. HDB, ZDB, VDMA
- Public building authorities
- Communal central organizations.
Associate members are:
- Architect- and engineer organizations
- Employers’ liability insurance associations,
- DIN Deutsches Institut für Normung e.V.
- Representatives of the system house for the electronic processing of STLB-Bau.
Experts can also be consulted in the discussions of the main committee.
STLB-Bau to the working groups which are established according to professional aspects and decides about work categories that are to be newly developed or not to be maintained anymore.
The branch office lies in the area of operations of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety with the Federal Office for Building and Regional Planning (BBR) in Bonn.
The director of the branch office is appointed by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety.
The employees of the branch office of the main committee GAEB supervise the execution of the decisions made by the main committee GAEB and coordinate the work of the main committee's panels.
The main working groups coordinate the interests of the committees attributed to them and develop submissions for the main committee GAEB. They also decide on issues that could not be resolved amicably in the responsible working teams or project groups.
Main working groups 1 to 3 coordinate the development, enhancement and upkeep of the work categories of STLB-Bau and manage the expert working groups.
- Main working group 1 – structural engineering
- Main working group 2 – Civil engineering, landscape architecture and track construction
- Main working group 3 – Building services
Main working group 7 coordinates the development, updating and upkeep of the work categories 600 to 699 of the STLB-BauZ.
Main working group 13 is concerned with basic principles related to GAEB data exchange:
It develops normative regulations for the setting of the bill of quantities and for the electronic exchange of structured technical information to the building contract (GAEB-DA).
It consists of the head of the project groups. Other members are appointed in their own responsibility according to demand.
It is supported beyond the balanced appointment through representatives of universities and building software firms.
The head is appointed at suggestion of the main working group through the main committee of GAEB.
Main working group 14 develops, updates and harmonizes the regulations for electronic building accounting in process descriptions (VB):
- REB-VB (collection of the regulations for electronic building accounting).
- GAEB-VB (GAEB - process descriptions).
The main working groups 0 to 13 have the opportunity to establish project groups because of their diverse assignments. As opposed to working groups, they work project oriented.
The working groups of the work categories 000 to 099 and 600 to 699 develop and upkeep standardized texts for the description of construction work according to the following aspects:
- Conformation to required norms,
- Conformation to VOB and
- Product neutrality.
The members of the working groups permanently observe construction development, collect and rate relevant norms, standards, regulations and costumer ideas as well as the current version of the STLB-Bau. They discuss suggestions for changes and enhancements and put them into practice.